They say that one of the biggest no-no’s with running a blog is to NEVER start with a “sorry I’ve been so busy!” because you don’t want to apologize or create expectations or whatthehellever they have come up with.
Yet, I know there are people who read this blog all the time. It actually tends to blow me away with how many people read this blog. Makes me remember to watch my damn mouth! So for those expecting my normal MWF updates, I’m sorry!
Anyway, I’ve been focusing on myself and my second to last semester of school. This past month has been virtually devoid of work (comparatively to the summer) and it’s been glorious. I’ve bought new equipment, practiced new techniques, watched videos, watched too much TV, even got a stand up paddle board I’ve used a total of three times so far!
A while ago, I typed about losing my kefi. While I don’t think it’s entirely back, I’m well on my way and happy with the direction I’ve chosen. I did also mention that I was tossing around the idea of tossing my 101 things to do in 1000 days list. I felt that it had become insurmountable to the lack of time and funds I have. So instead, I created a NEW list. A 30 before 30 list! Because I turn 30 in like 2 years and I don’t want to hit the big 3-0 without…you know…accomplishing way too fucking much.
So here is my list. And watch me do it all.
1. Live abroad for at least 2 consecutive months.
2. pick a flight and just leave.
3. become bilingual
4. Get a bachelors degree
5. Photograph a birth
6. get my TEFL certification
7. Live somewhere new
8. attend a photography workshop
9. finish my thigh tattoo
10. Become debt free
11. Scuba dive in another country
12. Buy a house
13. Shoot 30 weddings in a year
14. Host a workshop
15. Shoot an international wedding
16. Photograph 20 women in 2015 for boudoir
17. Get a new piercing
18. Volunteer abroad to help women and children
19. Read and finish The Artist’s Way
20. Don’t eat out for a whole month
21. Host a dinner party
22. Sleep somewhere haunted
23. Give blood
24. Try a sensory deprivation chamber
25. Learn how to make three different cocktails
26. Try rock climbing
27. Fly first class at least once
28. Make a cake from scratch
29. Leaving open for possibilities
30. Leaving open for possibilities
So wish me luck all of you wonderful people!!!